Thursday 14 January 2016

Rob Gambi has left Henderson Global Investors BECAUSE(!) ...

Er ... / ... er, Henderson Global Investors don't need no chief investment officer no more!!! / Well, well ... I thought all these firms, asset managers, hedge funds, whatever, needed chief investment officers. 'Boss, two other guys are going to do it - in their spare time, like.' What other guys?! 'Hang on ... / It says here, Phil Apel and Graham Kitchen.' Ha! Christ! I don't know. It just seems really unprofessional to me. Amateurish. I mean, who makes the tea at Henderson? 'I think they all take turns.' And who does the dusting, then, Voice? 'Man, they can't afford a cleaner, so, yeah, they all take turns.' / Reader(s), isn't Henderson Global Investors a good firm, a reasonably big firm? It just shows you ... you never really know what goes on behind the scenes at these places. [Well, I do. But I mean the clients don't know.] Times are obviously hard ...

Right. There's one other thing. Obviously, I'll be taking our Rob for a spin later, No. 381. But there's one other thing. I've been looking at Mr Gambi's LinkedIn profile. At first glance, it all seems above board. 'His profile is perfectly fine, boss.' No, Voice. Go down a bit. Look at his education, the high school. 'Uh ... oh dear! That is strange.' Yes. / Er, reader(s), our Rob went to the ... Manly Boys High School. I'm not sure I want to comment much further, but - 'We shouldn't judge him.' I'm not judging him! Come on! We all have things in our past that are a little embarrassing. 'Yes, of course. / But what's a manly boy?! Is it like a mannish boy?' I fear it may be worse than that, Voice.

...

Oh, I want to move on, yeah? I don't want to dwell on dark shit. It's too early in the morning. / Music? I'm listening to David Bowie's best live album, Live in Santa Monica '72. It was a bootleg, originally.

Lunch? Yes, I'll be having lunch. Why change the habits of a lifetime?