Tuesday 12 January 2016

Stevie Cohen might manage money for outside investors again ...

If he wants to, in a couple of years. The SEC is going to leave him alone now - maybe. Everyone thought he was banned for life. 'I thought Mr Cohen was only interested in managing in his own money, boss.' Ha! Things change, Voice, reader(s), and none of us can understand the mentality of a man like Stevie. I think he's worth $11 billion. Any normal person would be happy with that. Any normal person would retire. 'Felix Dennis said he wished he had stopped at £40 million. Or something. Maybe even £20 million.' Yeah, there's just no point, man. [I would stop at a fiver!] Life is for living, you dig? It ain't for getting more money than you can fucking spend. What the hell is wrong with this world?!

...

Music? Obviously, I'm listening to Bowie. I'm still upset. My two heroes when I was a teenager were John Lennon and David Bowie. / I've got Absolute Beginners on right now, which I think is his greatest song from a technical point of view. It's underrated because it was attached to a crap film, but it's the sort of pop ballad that a great two-man team like Bacharach and David would write.

What next? The new album, that I got on Saturday [cheeky cover, ripped-off from The Jesus and Mary Chain's Automatic] or ... Station to Station - ? I don't know. I'll decide in a minute ...

Music? My music? Well, I know that major publishers won't take unsolicited material, but it's difficult to get them to listen to online stuff as well. 'Oh dear.' I'm going to keep up my promotional campaign for a few months - using various methods - but I may need a ... PLAN B(!!!). 'What plan, Mikey?' Well ... I'm considering writing "serious" songs*, Dylan-style, for myself as a potential recording artist, and doing gigs to attract interest. However, it's early days yet ...


*Do you remember the tune I told you about that came to me in a dream? It was going to be a small three minute ballad with unchallenging lyrics, but I've already adapted it to a five or six minute epic.