Monday 28 March 2016

Trying to be perfect is "insane"

Yes, it's the Monday morning PR email, back by popular demand. 'Is it really a PR email, boss?' Well, sort of, Voice. It's Easter, and I don't have a lot of choice. 'What is it, exactly?' Er ... I signed up, somewhere, somehow, sometime, er ... to Tony Robbins emails. (I don't remember where or when.) Anyway, our Tony has sent me an email now. 'Great!' Apparently, trying to be perfect is ... INSANE!!! 'He didn't say it like that, did he?' No. Tony said "insane". But ...

Well ... what's he on about, our Tony? He says we've got to make decisions. There's no such thing as a perfect decision. Failure is not deciding. So just decide what you want to do, man, and let the chips fall where they may. 'Good advice!' Tony knows what he's talking about, Voice. Why he feels he has to tell me this on a bank holiday Monday though is anyone's guess. 'Maybe he thinks you're making a fresh start today.' Ha! Maybe I am.

Is there anything good on TV? 'No.' I've got to have my lunch. Then we'll see about fresh starts. It's a hard one. 'Constant activity?' Yeah. I'm not sure I can do it. But I think it's the best way to fight anxiety, you know? Oh, I'm not going into it all. God!

[Oh God! I probably don't need a fresh start. Think of my guitar playing, reader(s), as an example. I'm as good as I am now because I've been playing two hours a day (average) for the last two years. Should I have been doing four hours a day? 'You'd be burnt out doing that much, Mikey.' That's what I'm thinking.]

...

Anything else? Music? I'm listening to Led Zeppelin IV. It's the band's best album, by all accounts. / I've read that in the recording studio Jimmy Page used to improvise three solos and choose the best one for the track he was working on, rather than "write" something, you dig? It's a good way of working, but I'd be surprised if he did it all the time. 'You don't know, boss.' No, I don't know. I only improvise, myself. Forget it!

Anything else? There's nothing else, reader(s). Bank holiday, yeah? For fuck's sake! No finance. No news. / What are YOU(!) doing? Don't judge me. What are YOU(!) doing that's so wonderful, eh? Have a word with yourself!