Thursday 5 May 2016

Craig Wright is sorry

You know, Dr Craig Wright, the "creator" of Bitcoin. I'm not quite sure what he's sorry for though. / From his website -

I believed that I could do this. I believed that I could put the years of anonymity and hiding behind me. But, as the events of this week unfolded and I prepared to publish the proof of access to the earliest keys, I broke. I do not have the courage. I cannot.

When the rumors began, my qualifications and character were attacked. When those allegations were proven false, new allegations have already begun. I know now that I am not strong enough for this.

I know that this weakness will cause great damage to those that have supported me, and particularly to Jon Matonis and Gavin Andresen. I can only hope that their honour and credibility is not irreparably tainted by my actions. They were not deceived, but I know that the world will never believe that now. I can only say I'm sorry.

And goodbye.


Er ... is he sorry he's not the creator of Bitcoin? Or sorry he can't prove he is? 'Well ... he can't prove he's the creator, boss. That's all.' Why not, Voice? 'I don't know.'

Does it even matter anyway? / I don't want to be too critical of the poor guy, but he really needs to grow a pair. He should say to the world ... Yeah, I'm the creator of Bitcoin. Like it or lump it. You want me to prove it? I ain't gonna prove it, man, because I don't care what you think or what you know. Laters.

...

It's the weekend, reader(s)! Laters.