Monday 20 June 2016

Maybe you should be seeking safety in gold ...

I'm not saying you should be, but maybe you should be, yeah? It's up to you, man. Personally, I'm seeking safety in baked beans. They're cheaper, and you can eat them. What's not to like? In some supermarkets you can get four cans of Heinz baked beans for £2. This time next week? £10? £20? £30? £40? Who knows?! / What I'll be doing is buying half to eat, and half to sell or trade. 'You did this before, boss, and ended up throwing most of them away.' Shut up! 'And you had baked beans on toast for a whole month. Your skin was orange by the end of it!' Shut up, you idiot!

Don't listen to him, readers(s). We've all got to take reasonable precautions.

I've been working furiously on my new song all weekend. I mean, working on the recording of it, you dig? I haven't got a version I like yet, but never mind. I've burnt the boats. 'What fucking boats?!' The boats of my mind, Voice. Like Alexander. Although they were actual boats, not ... psychological boats. 'Eh? What are you going on about, Mikey?' Christ! When Alexander the Great invaded Persia, he told his army to burn all their boats. 'Oh, okay.' They were massively outnumbered, but he said to his men: "We go home in Persian ships, or we die". You see? 'Yeah, that's lovely, that is. What a way to behave!' But it worked, man.

...

Anything else? You've had it all! 'They want to know what you're listening to.' Oh. Er ... I'm listening to a few Doobie Brothers songs, for my sins. 'Jesus!' You've got to have an open mind, Voice. 'Whatever.' What a fool believes ...

Later? I'll be doing a conceptual. So, laters.