Wednesday 29 June 2016

UK retail investors pull out of property funds

Yeah, just another look at one of last night's PR emails. I got them all jumbled up, didn't I? Sorry about that, dear reader(s).

UK retail investors are pulling out of Property and UK Equity funds and switching into Global and Japan equities, according to analysis by rplan.co.uk, the online investment platform. The analysis shows that the number of trades on the rplan.co.uk platform was up 175% over the weekend following the Brexit vote versus the previous weekend, and 76% of withdrawals was from Property funds and 22% from UK equity funds. The volume of switching between funds was 4.5 times higher than the previous weekend. The sectors most bought overall included Global Equities (56%), Japan Equities (20%), UK Equities (16%) and North America Equities (5%).

Okay. Well, I'm not surprised.

Stuart Dyer, rplan.co.uk's Chief Investment Officer, commented: "UK investors' fears about the prospects for property are striking. Clearly, there are worries that property would be affected by a possible economic downturn and the withdrawal of foreign investors."

Dear oh dear. I don't know. I just don't know any more.

...

Yeah, just one short post today. I might go out later, if it's not raining too much. I think it's going to rain a bit.

I'm wondering if I need new guitar strings, you know? The original Yamaha strings that came with my Yamaha acoustic had a really nice sound, but they cost £15. Martin strings are only £3 or £4 a set. / Well, it's my problem. Don't worry about it.

I've already wasted too much money on strings. Like those stupid resophonic ones which were for a totally different sort of guitar. 'It's not their problem though, boss.' I'm just saying, Voice, that's all. If I don't talk about my strings, I'm going to have to talk about finance. 'Heaven forbid!' Exactly.

Ah, that's enough.

Laters, man.