Monday 22 August 2016

Who on earth is Staffan Knafve?!

All right, calm down, everyone! There's no need for tears. Or fears. Staffan Knafve is just a Swedish fund manager, that's all. He'll be managing a new fund soon. 'When, boss?' End of August, Voice.

Rhenman & Partners Asset Management will on August 31, 2016, start a new global equity L/S fund - Rhenman Global Opportunities L/S - which can invest in all sectors worldwide. Fund manager is Staffan Knave, with almost 30 years experience as an analyst and manager.

Thirty years experience ... 'Is that enough, boss?' I don't know. I'll have to think about it. Oh, by the way, I found this press release myself. 'Wow! Proactive or what?!' Yeah, big time. The stuff is out there, man. You just gotta grab it with your mind, you dig?

The firm?

Rhenman & Partners Asset Management, founded in 2008, is a Stockholm-based investment manager focusing on two niche funds: Rhenman Healthcare Equity L/S, founded in 2009, and Rhenman Global Opportunities L/S, which will be launched on August 31, 2016. Assets under management at year-end 2015 amounted to almost 5 billion SEK. Since inception in 2009, we have been able to report an average annual return amounting to +21%.

Christ! They can't stop mentioning that new fund, can they? 'They're proud of it, boss.' Well, I suppose.

Uh, more about the fund? Jesus! Okay.

Rhenman Global Opportunities L/S will make its investments based on active selection of regions and sectors, completely independent of index. The fund will take 35-50 positions, preferably in larger companies. The investment horizon for long positions will typically be 2-4 years, while the time horizon for short positions will typically be 6 months up to 2 years. The fund will be long-biased and have a positive outlook over the business cycle, with a typical net exposure of 50-90%.

Well, well ... / I don't have much to add. Obviously, I wish them all the best with it. 'It would be horrible to wish them all the worst, boss.' Of course it would. And I'm not a horrible person.

...

Anything else? Music? This is my last music update. I'm sick of telling you people! 'Don't take it out on them.' Well, I'm having trouble with my fourth tune for the new demo. The other three sound like hits, but I'm not sure about this one. I don't want it letting the side down. I'll continue working on it for a while. The thing is, it has the best melody. 'Stick with it, Mikey!' Maybe. / Oh, that three-minute pop tune? I'm going to put it in third position now. 'Why?' It sounds good there. It sounds right. I gotta trust my instincts, man.

Later? Another conceptual, for your sins. No. 440. Laters.