Wednesday 28 September 2016

Broad Bridge Capital LLP? Tej Johar?

What on earth?! Who on earth?! Et cetera ... well, well. Ha! / Oh, we've got a new hedge fund, man! Or we will have soon. Tej Johar is setting it up. 'Tegjit, boss.' What? 'Tegjit.' What on EARTH(!!!) are you going on about?! 'Tegjit Johar, boss. That's his name.' How do you know? 'I just know.' Shut up, idiot! / Ignore him, dear reader(s). The Voice doesn't actually know anything. If he knew anything, I'd give him a salary. Do you know what I mean? 'Ha!'

Anyway. Yeah, our Tej hasn't launched it yet, I don't think. But he's calling it Broad Bridge Capital LLP. So, it has a name. That's always a good sign with a new hedge fund. And it's going to be all event-driven shit, betting on corporate events such as mergers and acquisitions as well as restructurings. All that kind of thing, you know? 'Sounds okay.' Yeah. As if you would know. 'Eh?' As if you would know what sounds okay, Voice. [He doesn't know.]

Uh, oh ... by the way, our Tej - 'Tegjit.' Our Tej ... used to work at BlueCrest Capital Management. 'Nice.' Yes, very nice. It goes without saying that I wish him all the best, but ... [drum roll] ... it's a tough time for hedge funds at the moment. However, the good news is, Tej has received some capital from a U.S. institution. 'A mental institution?' Ha! You're so funny, Voice. Really.

And that's ALL(!!!) ... the news on this sunny Wednesday morning. Maybe winter has been postponed. We'll have to wait and see.

...

Anything else? Music? I'm listening to the first Suede album, Suede. 'Eh? Suede, Album, Suede - ?!' No, Suede by Suede, idiot! 'Well, why didn't you say so?' Christ!

There are very strong Roxy Music and David Bowie influences on this album, which never did anybody any harm. I had almost forgotten about the album, until I watched the film The World's End recently. 'Explain!' The film uses the song, So Young. 'Oh. Okay.' Yeah.

My music? I've made some "adjustments" to one of my new lyrics. 'You can't leave it alone, Mikey!' Excuse me, Voice. I've got to get this shit right. I don't need to be like Bob Dylan or Leonard Cohen, but I want my lyrics to be ... a cut above the average, as it were. 'Or will be.' Exactly! / John Lennon is a good model for this.

Well ... laters, yeah?