Tuesday 17 January 2017

I'm writing about Brexit again ... Christ!

"I woke up screamin' ..."

Ha! Yeah, I'm writing about Brexit again. [And I will try to make sense, though I ain't promising anything because I'm psychotically angry, just not in my right mind at all.] Probably for the last time. I'm absolutely sick of it, but ... just look at the mess we're in, man! I mean, seriously. Was this the fucking plan?!

Theresa May is putting the control of immigration before anything else. However, we need immigrants. Conservative and Labour governments haven't been letting them in for a laugh over the last fifty years or so. There's a reason why they were allowed to come. We need immigrants for the economy, for the NHS, for agriculture, for pensions, for all kinds of things.

We also need the EU. Is it any coincidence that Britain stopped being the so-called sick man of Europe after joining the EU? I don't think so. We don't have to love the EU, but it makes sense to stay as a member.

And where is David Cameron?! This was all his bright idea. Where the hell is he?! / Actually, where the hell is Jeremy Corbyn? Doesn't he have anything to say? Oh, I forgot. There's some important business to attend to on his allotment. I think there's something wrong with the cucumbers. For crying out loud!

Brexit is a nightmare!

[Oh, I'm ranting! 'Calm down, Mikey!' Okay, Voice. It's a good job this is "satire", all this. 'Yeah. Whatever.']

...

Well, I tell you what I'm going to do, dear reader(s). I'm going to stop worrying about it. [Oh yes, yes, yes.] I'm only going to think about myself from now on. I'm going to play my guitar, and write my songs, and that's it. That's all I'm going to do, man. You dig?

2Pac had the right idea: "Fuck the world!"

Laters.