Tuesday 28 March 2017

The FS Energy Total Return fund

I'm not much in the mood for writing this morning. 'About finance, boss?' About anything, Voice. You see, I had strange dreams in the night that have unsettled me. 'Oh.' Yeah. And I've got a plaster on my finger. 'Oh. Right. Great excuses, boss! FFS!' Give me a break, man. I've been doing this for ten years. How much longer? 'Ah, don't worry, Mikey. You shall be released.' Oh, I hope so.

Anyway. It's a new fund, this, er ... FS Energy Total Return fund. Brought to you by FS Investments out of Philadelphia. And you know what Michael Forman says, don't you, dear reader(s)?

"FS Investments was founded on the principle that all investors deserve better choices. Dissatisfied with the limited options available to the investing public, we set out to create a better solution. We're proud to give every investor access to alternatives and set the industry standard for transparency and best practices." Michael Forman, Chairman & CEO, FS Investments.

So there! That told you! Anything else? Politics? Okay - / 'Can you tell us something about the new fund, boss?' Why? 'Please. We need to know.' Christ! The FS Energy Total Return fund seeks to generate attractive total returns by investing in the equity and debt securities of both public and private energy and energy infrastructure companies. Are you happy now? 'It's not for me, boss. The readers really appreciate this shit.' Oh, I'm sure they do.

Yeah, I'm sure they do. They're probably hanging on my every word. I'm the shaman they can trust, after all. The one who tells it straight. But ... I'm tired. So very tired.

Oh, man! My head! I have a vision of a massive beach with little white crests of waves in the distance. 'Not again!' Yes, again. 'Well, I suppose it's that time of year.' It certainly is.

...

Anything else? Politics? I watched the Question Time Brexit special last night. The arrogance of the Leave mob is unbelievable. Oh, let's just crash out of the EU, and leave the single market and the customs union, and have no trade deal at all. Everything's going to be fine! / But it's up to them, you know? If they want to destroy the country that they claim to love so much, I won't interfere. I'm past caring.

All I want to do is play my guitar, write songs, and fucking sing those songs, you dig? That's all I'm interested in now.