Thursday 12 October 2017

No signal

No signal. There's no future. No signal. There's no future with no signal. Help! 'What are you doing, boss?' I can't get online. 'How have you posted this then?' I haven't posted it yet, silly. I'm writing it now, and I'll post it later, when my dongle is sorted out. 'Are you going to the doctor?' No. What are you talking about, Voice?

Anyway, dear reader(s), what can we discuss, with no news? 'No news is good news, boss.' It certainly is! We are free now. Free to do as we wish! Ha! 'Ha!' Ha! 'Is the internet on your smartphone working?' Yes. 'Can't you use that?' No. Not to post with. It's too difficult. 'But you could look for news.' Oh, I could. 'Are you going to?' No.

No, I'm happy as I am. No signal suits me just fine. 'No signal on your dongle.' Exactly! It's perfect.

Okay, okay. I don't know what to say. I'm lost, man. 'Music? Your music?' No. 'You could do your last ever update.' All right. You've talked me into it, Voice. / Okay. That Love Me recording was sounding a bit tinny, but I've fixed it by adding some bass, using the Audacity software on my laptop. 'Why don't you go to a proper studio, Mikey?' Why? Well, because I like doing it at home with my Zoom Handy thing and Audacity, where I can be in control and I don't have to watch the clock. 'Oh.' Of course, in the old days I used professional musicians, but that was a mistake. Professional musicians show off their skills, not yours. And I think it's best to let a song live or die by a simple acoustic guitar and vocal recording. There's no hiding place in such a situation.

So ... / Anything else? Brexit? 'Ha!' I ain't discussing Brexit, man. We all know it's a total joke now, and that's enough. Jesus H. - !!!

Right. Let's see if I can get a signal ...



Update: I'm going back to the "tinny" version. The "bassy" version has robbed the song of its vitality. What a nightmare! Laters. See you next week.