Thursday 11 January 2018

$2 billion for the KKR Real Estate Partners Americas II - !!!

Yes. KKR. That's how much they've got for their new fund. It's all right for some, dear reader(s), ain't it? 'Where did they get the money from?' Uh, the usual suspects. You know, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, mental institutions, family offices, and high net worth investors. 'You mean financial institutions, boss.' What? Oh, of course, man. Yes. Silly me!

Okay. Anyway. What else can we talk about? 'Is that it?! Is that all you're doing?' Well, there's not much else to say about the fund, Voice. A firm raises capital for a fund. So what? It's not the first time, and it won't be the last. Besides, I'm not in the mood for finance. There's no decent news around, and I'm still in Christmas mode. 'Like the Aviva Investors mob.' Ha! Well, I think their Christmas party comes to an end on Saturday night. I suppose they'll want a nice lie-in on Sunday morning. 'After six weeks of hard partying? They'll probably want a week off work.' Yeah, right. A week off work. What work? 'Ha!' Exactly.

...

Well, well. I'm going out today, central London, looking around the shops, like. I fancy getting a Manic Street Preachers CD, Everything Must Go. 'You could download it, boss.' No. Bad idea. The downloads on Amazon cost more than the physical CDs, man, which is fucking nuts, in my opinion. Anyway, I want to go out. I might go to Hyde Park for a bit. I like it there.

Uh, oh ... 'How about a music update, Mikey?' Er ... no. This is a finance blog, man. Let's stick to the rules.

I can't think of ... I know what I'll do! And a-ROUND, and a-ROUND, and a-ROUND, I go - 'Hey! What's this?! You can't do a conceptual here!' Jesus H. - !!!

Okay, okay. Have a nice weekend, everyone! 'Later(s), crocodile(s)!' Yeah, bye!