Monday 19 March 2018

I don't feel like writing about finance today

So, uh, sorry, blog fan(s). Maybe if there were some PR emails for me to look at ... but there ain't, you know? God knows what has happened to those Coutts. 'What Coutts, boss?!' The bank, you silly thing! 'I know, I know. I'm just having a laugh, man.' Oh, okay. Ha!

Right. Maybe I should turn this blog into something else. 'Er ... like what?' I don't know, man. Uh. The blog of the world's foremost songwriting samurai ... ? 'Er ...' Yeah, probably not. Oh, I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow with a PR email. Please!

But today, today, today ... there's just this, for a while. After lunch I'll work on a new conceptual, No. 595. And some good news: Will Self has admitted in an interview that the novel is doomed. 'Yippee!' Yeah, it's nice to see these characters facing up to reality at last. I'm definitely on the right side of history, dear reader(s), you dig?

Okay, okay, okay. This is another fresh start, sort of. I mean, I've been doing the samurai/Musk thing for the last few weeks. My discipline normally starts to slip away by Wednesday lunch time though. And I go from happy to sad. 'Oh.' Obviously, the thing to do, man(s), is to keep the discipline, full steam ahead, as it were, and stay happy. 'Yes!' Yes. Yes. YES - !!!

Right. I had a thought yesterday. 'Yippee!' Oi! Listen, idiot! 'Okay, boss. Go on.' Hiring top musicians for an album can be bloody expensive. David Bowie used to hire some of the best in the world, but he did it at a time when the music industry was in a healthier state. However, I thought to myself yesterday: Eric Clapton always has Eric Clapton playing guitar on his albums, and it doesn't cost him a penny! 'So ... uh, what do you mean by that?' I mean, man, I need to improve my guitar playing as a matter of urgency and forget about writing songs for a while. I have all the songs I need for a great album, anyway. 'Good idea!' It would also give me more control over any album, if I'm playing all the guitar parts. I know from the experience of recording my old demos with professional musicians [over twenty-five years ago!] that you've got to let them do their thing, which means giving up control.

Ha! 'Uh.' Well ... / Later(s), alligator(s)!