Monday 12 March 2018

Venture capital investors invested more money on fewer deals last year ...

Says GlobalData. They've done some analysis or something. 'Yes, boss. Analysis.' Pardon, Voice? 'They've done some analysis on it.' Yeah, that's what I said, idiot! How much am I paying you again? 'Nothing.' Okay. I'm paying too much ...

An analysis by GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company, of the investment activity of the top 10 global venture capital (VC) companies in 2017, reveals that collectively they are investing more money on fewer deals when compared to the average numbers for 2013-2016.

Christ! Why?! 'Why, boss?!' I don't know. WHY?!?!?!

Naveen Kalluri, Financial Deals Analyst at GlobalData commented, "The drop in investment volumes and increase in investment values suggests that these investors are placing bigger bets on fewer companies that are maturing".

Yeah, yeah. Yes, we know that, Naveen, mate. Thank you very much, but ... WHY?!?!?! Can't you tell us?

Er ... well, it goes on for a little bit, this PR email,  but ... we don't know why. Because they don't know. 'That's no good.' Or they're too scared to tell us. It's probably Brexit, or Trump. / Also, uh ... see the quote above, dear reader(s)? I had to correct the spelling for "GlobalData" ... so, I don't know what to think, you know? 'We all make mistakes, boss.' Yeah, I suppose.

ENDS

That's the ENDS, that is. 'The living ENDS, you could say, boss.' Yes, Voice.

...

Right. Anything else? Music? Okay. I'm listening to The Stone Roses at the moment. 'Nice.' Yeah. / I was looking at the setlist for their Spike Island gig yesterday. I think I've improved on it -

I Wanna Be Adored
Sally Cinnamon
She Bangs the Drums
Elephant Stone
Waterfall
Don’t Stop
Mersey Paradise
Shoot You Down
Made of Stone
Standing Here
Something's Burning
What the World Is Waiting For
(Song for My) Sugar Spun Sister
Where Angels Play
Fools Gold
This Is the One
I Am the Resurrection


You see? I've left out One Love. Weak song. And Elizabeth My Dear. It's just a fragment.


My music? I've decided to go with an eleven-track album, including It's Just a Joke, Man (I've found a nice place for it to fit in) from the first demo, just leaving out She Loves Me. It'll be a pretty great album of roughly forty-five and a half minutes then. I reckon another song like Nothing would be too much. You've got to have balance, you dig?

Uh. Brexit? House prices in London have fallen 15 per cent, it's being reported this morning. Just another prediction coming true! Project reality. It's all delayed, of course, but it's all coming true.

Laters.