Monday 28 August 2017

I don't want to connect with anyone in finance ...

I mean ... 'Well, it's a bank holiday, boss. I don't blame you. Take a day off.' No, Voice, I mean interviews and that. 'Eh?' I mean, I get these PR emails - you know I do - saying Would you like to speak to Harry or Trisha or Bert? 'Who the hell are those guys?!' Well, I just made them up, man. But that's not the point. 'What is the point?' The point is, I enjoy being cut off in my own little fantasy world where finance can be what I want it to be. 'I can dig that, boss.' Yeah. It's why I don't go to any of those conferences or breakfast briefings.

Anyway, we've got Brent Wilsey now. I'm sure he's a great guy -

Wall Street tech boon offering hope for malls/brick-and-mortar retail. Amid reports that "tech titans are now worth $1 trillion; a glimmer of hope for malls?" as "buoyed by a dizzying rise in stock prices" - and the hope this is proffering for malls/brick-and mortars with "struggling retailers like Express, American Eagle Outfitters and Guess beating Wall Street predictions for profit and revenue in their latest quarters," I'm hoping to connect you with investment and personal finance expert Brent Wilsey for commentary and perspective. This includes insight on other reports citing that "more than 300 retailers have filed for bankruptcy so far in 2017, and by year end, store closings are projected to hit 8,640 - greater than all the reported closures from 2003 to 2006 combined, according to a report compiled by Fit Small Business".

Er ... 'What was that?!' I don't know, exactly. 'You rewrote that, didn't you?' I swear to Christ I didn't touch a word of it, Voice. Look at the email for yourself. 'Well, okay.' It's just avant-garde literature, man. Actually quite impressive.

...

Right. Anything else? Ha! Jesus H. - !!! Well, it may be a holiday for you, dear reader(s), but I'm working. I'll be doing a conceptual later, No. 540. / Oh. The funny thing, is, uh, by the way, I've been looking at an article online that talks about the new novelists who are supposed to be creating conceptual literature. But it's a joke, man. Firstly, what they're doing is just a direct steal from Duchamp, using actual pictures in their novels, or something, and readymades. I don't know. But secondly, they're still writing fucking novels! 'Ha!' I mean, in 2017!!! 'Well, why don't you contact the guy who wrote the article, Mikey, and have it out with him?' Because, my little invisible friend, I really don't give a shit. 'Oh.' I'm all about the rock and roll lifestyle these days. Obviously, in future years, when I'm rockin' in the free world, my blog will still be available for people to read if they want to, but ... 'You've moved on, man.' Exactly. In my head, like. I'm in another reality now.

So it is written, so it shall be done. Or something. You dig?

Laters.